A unique day camp experience for kids ages 6 – 13 in the breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountains and just minutes from Asheville, NC where kids work, learn, and grow. Started by sisters Susie and Annie more than 30 years ago, Hickory Nut Gap Farm Summer Camp, has become a summer tradition for many. The camp experience is centered around the horseback riding, but the schedule is varied and includes many other activities like pottery, art, and wilderness survival skills. The focus is on making sure that the kids have an unforgettable time while exploring the outdoors and farm life in safe and nurturing environment. We believe in being helpful, getting dirty, and having fun and we’d love to have you join us this summer.
2022 Camp Weeks
- Week I: 20 June – 24 June
- Week II: 27 June – 01 July
- Week III: 04 July – 08 July
- Week IV: 11 July – 15 July
- Week V: 18 July – 22 July
- Week VI: 25 July – 29 July
What to Bring
- A water bottle with your name on it (you can refill it at camp)
- Non-perishable lunch and snack
- A riding helmet that fits you well (see below for information on where to purchase)
- Long pants or riding breeches for your time on horseback
- Sturdy, close-toed shoes or boots for riding
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty or wet
- Please write your name in permanent marker on anything you don’t want to lose (including clothes)
- A great attitude and willingness to try new things
Pickup and Drop Off Information
The camp schedule runs daily from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm daily. Pickup and drop off locations will vary a little bit in accordance with the schedule below.
- Monday – Registration will begin at 8:30 am at the Hickory Nut Gap Farm Store (57 Sugar Hollow Rd., Fairview, NC) and will be a drive through service. Once you receive your camper’s name tag and group assignment, you’ll circle through and drive the short distance up to the horse barn (2063 Charlotte Hwy, Fairview, NC) to drop off your camper.
- Tuesday – Thursday – Drop off will be at the horse barn (2063 Charlotte Hwy, Fairview, NC) and Pick up will be at the Farm Store (57 Sugar Hollow Rd, Fairview, NC).
- Friday – Drop off will be at the horse barn (57 Sugar Hollow Rd., Fairview, NC) and pickup will be at the Riding Ring below the barn on Charlotte Hwy (74-A). There will be a 3:30 horse show in the ring so be sure to arrive early and bring a lawn chair to enjoy the show featuring all of the campers.